Saturday, September 1, 2007

Home and healing

On Wednesday the 29th of August my husband and I left the house at 5:00am for the Hospital. My surgery started at 8:00am. I was told they took Jeff about an hour after me. I have to tell you that up till they rolled me in the the operating room I was ok. But once I saw all the equipment and large round lights it hit me. I was very nervous and scared. I almost started to cry. Two seconds later I was freezing cold and shaking in the recovery room. I don't remember any thing. One moment they say they are will give me something to relax and the next it is all over. I wake up with two things on my mind. How is my husband and can I see my daughter. In reality it was about two hours or more.
About 45 minutes after being in recovery I was in a regular hospital room.
Two or three hours after that I got up. And yes I was in pain. I needed to see Jeff. I hobbled down to his room to make sure he was ok.
I had to see that everything went well. And it did. He looked great. He looked healthy and glowing. I can not believe what a change it made just in his completion. My daughter took a sneak peek too. She said the same thing. He looked good. And he was awake too! I talked only a minute and hobbled back to bed. I was hooked up to an IV and a catheter. (yuck)
I came home on Friday the 31st. Very sore and stiff. Can't bend over. My stomach is bloated with the gas they used during the operation. Its mostly gone now. Jeff might be home on Sunday the 2nd of September or maybe the 3rd. He is doing well. He is having a little problem walking still. But that will get better.
Women were meant to give life. That is what our bodies were made for. Well I gave two. The first is a wonderful daughter. She might not always clean her room, but when mom needs help she is there. And the second is my husband. Without a new Kidney his life would have been shortened. I do not know what I would do if I ever lost either of them.

No comments: