Saturday, June 14, 2008

You can never have two many purses

When I want a quick and easy project to do I make purses. All of these took less then 2 hours to construct. And yes I do use them. I think they are fun and fashionable?? OK maybe not fashionable but they are fun and functional.
This purse is actually reversible. Oh and washable! Cool


This purse is made with a perfect square of fabric. Well actually two squares of fabric and batting. Very similar to making a small baby blanket.




Could you have guessed that this was made from two dish towels. I got them at the dollar store. The bamboo handles were on clearance at Wally-world. Oh, I made a small cell phone case too. We must be coordinated.



Ten different fabrics were used to make this bag. And yes it is a bag. Rather large and roomy. It even has a pocket inside made with roaster fabric.







4 comments:

quilthusband said...

The quilt's you made are fantastic! and I really like the purse's too. I reread the whole complete blog, and it moved me to tears. I am sure your husband feels all this and more for you, and is very very lucky to have such a wonderful wife as you.

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

The dish towel purse would make a great needlework bag!! Yarn, hooks and needles…really love it :o)

Pink Princess said...

I am kinda late, but just wanted to tell you I LOVE the purses! Esp. the first one, so pretty! Do you use a pattern??

Love from MJF's Dutchy/Marian

electricdunce said...

I love your purses, great fabrics, what a treat to see them...

Karin