Sunday, August 12, 2007

More about My Husband

More about Jeff This is a compilations of notes I posted on MaryJaneFarmGirl connection. I will say it again, they are a great group a ladies.
Monday the July16th I went in for my final testing. EKG, X-rays to make sure my heart and lungs are normal. Oh and 24 hour urine sample. To see if my kidneys function normally. And of course one more set of blood work. They like to take 6 vials at a time. So far I have had an excellent phlebotomist. She does it in one stick. They do this to make sure our blood stays compatible. Also to make sure there are no antibodies killing each other off when they mix our blood. After that we wait a week or so for all the results. If they come back OK my next and final test will be an ultrasound or cat scan of my kidneys. That may actually be done the day of surgery. That will depend on the doctor and his staff. With the scan, the doctors will choose which one to use. I guess they will be looking for any thing that could get in the way of moving it. Extra blood vessel or fatty matters or anything like that.I am really not too stressed over the whole thing yet. I have it in my mind that I am a perfect match. That everything will go smoothly and He will be back to his normal self in no time......So for the good news… Monday the 16th as Jeff was with his doctor, I went in for some final donor tests. On 19th of July morning I got the phone call and I was told it was a go! I am a perfect donor candidate for my husband. I am so glad. I now have to have a physiological exam. To see if I am stable, mentally fit. (I am a little crazy, but ain't we all?) Then a cat scan or MRI of my kidneys so they can see which one they want. They will take the better of the two. This test was done on the 31st of July. If all goes well, and I pray it will, by September my husband could have a new kidney! We have to check the hospital surgical calendar. We have not told the families yet about me even being tested as a donor, except for my daughter. She wanted to be tested too but I asked her to wait to see about me first. As a mom you don’t want your child put to any harm. She is 22 and can do as she pleases, but she is a good kid and still listens to me, (most of the time) Jeff is not her biological father. But sometimes you can’t tell. She works side by side with him when she is having car trouble. He taught her to change a tire and even change the oil in her car. I think that’s great. She cries when we talk about his problems. She laughs when he tells a joke. She gives him father’s day cards. He is a great father to her.A date has been set. August 29th my husband and I will be gong in for surgery! Yeah! He is so happy. I am so happy too. I guess I should also say that we are so lucky too. Many people are not so lucky. Donation can take years and years. Finding the right person is not as easy as a family member. So family's can not donate to each other. Some people don't have family at all.Monday the 30th I go in for a cat scan. This is the final test. They will choose which kidney to use. I also need a psychological or mental test/review, to make sure I am stable. And I am sure they will want more blood.( I keep saying final test but they always seem to come up with just one more every time them call me.)......So a date has been set. Jeff and I go in on the 29th of August at 6am. My kidney will be removed and placed in him....Now is the time to truly pray...

No comments: