Friday, October 2, 2009

Halloween/Autumn swaps..

I participated in an apron swap with the MJFGs. This was a Halloween/Autumn theme. This is the one I made for my partner. It is two sided. (I like that idea) Not only do you get a choice of what print you want to show, but the double fabric gives you a little more protection from the heat of cooking.
This is the only photo I can find. It only gives you an idea of the fabric used. Autumn leaves on one side and a nice yellow gold fabric on the other. To make it more Halloween-e, I made a lacy apron with a metallic orange pumpkin print. It can be worn on top of the other apron or alone for a little bit of a spicy look.....

I did another swap with another group. I used some of the same fabric as above. Its basically the same apron pattern too. I just changed the neck tie to a belt loop.


This side is Autumn leaves with very large pockets. I added a few large buttons. (they can be removed with a simple snip of the threads)

The other side has a farm animal print on it. I thought it was kind of cute. I added a little crochet lace to the top of the three very large pockets.

And because I had some fabric left over, I made a few hot pads or pot holders. I hope my partner will be happy with her apron and hot pads.


3 comments:

cinnamongirl said...

I think your partner will be very happy gorgeous fall apron.

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

khartquilt said...

Thank you ladies. Hipi, visit anytime you like